Thursday, June 21, 2007

Chance - A714298 - American Pit Bull Terrier








Chance is a 6 year old American Pit Bull Terrier. He has been at the Animal Care & Control Center in NYC since 6/19/07. He was surrendered by his owners, they said they can't care for him any longer....

Chance is amazing! He was whining a little in his cage so I took him out. Most of the time I had him out, he had his nose in the ground :) He wasn't too interested in me. Oh, be still my heart !!!! ha, ha!!!

It was extremely difficult to get him back in the cage. I went in, he came out... We played this came for a while. I told him to sit while in his cage, and he did, but as I started to close the cage he would inch up. At one point he laid down with only his head sticking out the cage so that I couldn't close the gate on his head. He's so clever. I just sat with him and tried to console him. Eventually, I had to ask the staff to help me. Of course, it only took them 2 seconds to get him in. You see, the difference is, I ASKED Chance to go inside. He said "No." The staff member TOLD him to go inside and Chance had no choice. I have to learn to just tell them, but....

If you are interested in adding Chance to your loving family visit the Animal Care & Control Center website or call 212.788.4000 and give them his special A#.

No comments: