Thursday, June 21, 2007

Beauty - A712640 - Pit Bull Mix - RIP








Beauty (aka Unknown - I named him Beauty - all dogs deserve a name) is a 3 year old pit bull mix. He was at the Animal Care & Control Center in NYC since 6/7/07.

Beauty was originally brought into a precinct by 2 kids. He was obviously in a fight. He had bite marks all over.

Beauty stole my heart, as most pits do. I went by his cage outside and he was lying there curled up in a ball, so sick... When I came to his cage, he slowly walked up to me and sniffed, he then returned to his spot to lie down. Clearly he was not feeling well and was coughing and heaving.

I decided to open up the cage and go in there with him. I slowly approached and then pet his head. He laid there. I then put my hands under his neck and massaged him. He came closer. I took my other hand and massaged his back. He nestled on my arm. I kissed his forehead. I spent a while with him, I lost track of time. My intentions were clear, HEAL, FEEL BETTER, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! After a while, he began to slowly approach my face, sniffed and licked me. To me, it was a chester of thanks. Soon, my Beauty started to stand up. Yeah!!! He then became curious... Hooray!!! He then wanted to come out.. Yippie!! I took him out and walked him, he pooped :) He then walked back to his cage and stood standing up. I was so proud of him. Dogs take in energy so easily.

It is such a shame that Beauty was scheduled to be euthed today. As I write this he is probably already in a better place.

I love ya Beauty... You will never, ever be forgotten. A piece of my heart went with you. Rest in Peace my love!

No comments: