Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Volunteering at the Animal Care & Control Center in NYC


Above is Max, a pitbull mix. He is 2 years and 2 months old. He's been at the Animal Care & Control center in NYC since August 19, 2006. My husband, Angelo, and I started volunteering there this past Sunday (September 3rd, 2006). We dog walk whenever we get a chance. The ACC takes in all animals including rabbits, birds, chickens and more. They do not turn away any animal.

Anyway, Max was the only one that had not been walked so Angelo and I suited him up with the help of the staff and took him out. He jumped all over us. He was so happy to be taken out.

He is an extremely strong dog, very healthy, clean and solid. He's pure muscle. In the beginning he pulled us and walked in front and was excited. Then after an hour he would walk between us and make sure we were both by his side. When we sat down, he sat down with us and would put his face in Angelo's lap and the same with me. He warmed up to us quickly. I didn't want to leave and Max didn't want us to leave either because when we went to put him back in the cage he pulled us and struggled.

I hope to see him again this coming Sunday. If anyone knows of a happy, loving family that is looking for an incredibly kind and loving dog, let me know :)


No comments: