Thursday, September 21, 2006

Princess - #A677603 An American Staffordshire Mix



Princess is an american staffordshire mix. She is 2 years old. She has been at the Animal Care & Control center since 9/19/06. She was surrendered because the mother was afraid of dogs. Ummm, how did the dog get into the house in the first place without her permission ???

Anyway, Princess was shivering when I approached her cage. I put my hand up to her nose for her to sniff, but she turned away from me. I walked away and her eyes followed me, so I came back. I decided I would take her out anyway. I opened up the cage and put on the leash. She zoomed out of there.

I'm not sure what her last owners did to her but she is very timid with humans, but great with other dogs. When a man came by she put her tail between her legs and tried to get away. With me, she was okay but when I tried to get a fly away from her she thought I was going to hit her and cowered down. I tried to console her and massage her gently around the ears and forehead. She warmed up to me little by little and her tail began to rise.

Princess needs a lot of love and assurance that humans are okay and not going to hurt her. If you have a lot of love to share and patience, then Princess could use your help. I've seen a sparkle in her and I know that with the right environment she would quickly heal her wounds :)

No comments: