Monday, September 17, 2007

Dora - A717244 - American Staffordshire Terrier







Dora is a 10 month old American Staffordshire Terrier. She has been at the Animal Care & Control Center since 9/15/07.

Dora was surrendered by her owners because they said she needs puppy training. WHAT!!!!! YOU DIDN'T KNOW THIS BEFORE YOU GOT HER??? WHY IS THIS A SURPRISE TO YOU???? PUPPIES NEED TRAINING!!!! DUH!!

Anyway, that felt good! When I approached Dora's cage she growled at me. She wouldn't stop, so I bent down and gave her my back to sniff. How easy that was. After she sniffed and came to the conclusion I was trustworthy, she was my best friend. It was very easy for me to take her out and for a walk. She is a puller though. BUT she listens. Several times, I just stopped and pulled her back towards me to wait and she did. Eventually she got the hint and walked by my side. She's adorable. All it takes is a little patience.

If you are interested in adding Dora to your loving family visit the Animal Care & Control Center website or call 212.788.4000 and give them her special A#.

No comments: