Sunday, January 07, 2007

Teddy - A691340 - American Staffordshire Terrier




Teddy is an American Staffordshire Terrier. He is 9 months old and has been at the Animal Care & Control Center since 1/4/07.

Teddy is amazing. When I first approached his cage he was lying down. I petted him and he pressed his whole body against the cage bars like a cat :) He even layed down for me to try and reach his belly.

When I took him out I realized he was big and strong. He sniffed about and pulled me. I have to admit I felt a little intimidated but I mustered up my courage to take back control. After I showed him who was in charge he was fabulous. He just needed to know. He wanted so much to play so I got him to run and jump on the bench and then off again. I could feel his joy at being able to release that pinned up energy. He started to tug on the leash. Boy, is in strong. It's pretty scary when dogs start playing tug o' war but I remained calm. He was better at the game than I was. Anyway, he let go of the leash and I took it back. Yeah.

We also gave him some treats for being good. He laid down and we patted his belly.

Teddy is a fabulous dog and would train extremely well. He needs lots of love and affection and a strong leader.

If you are interested in adding Teddy to your loving family visit the Animal Care & Control Center website or call 212.788.4000 and give them his special A#.

No comments: