Saturday, January 13, 2007

Maximus - #A692137 - American Pit Bull Terrier






Update 1/25/07 - Adopted :-D

Update 1/24/07 - Maximus is still available. He has just been neutered. He still has a lot of energy and loves.... and I mean loves .... to play. Even with that thing around his neck he still managed to get a hold of the leash. He even somehow got that round thing off of his head. He's a really funny dog. His past owners must have played tug of war a lot with him :)


Maximus is a 3 year old American Pit Bull Terrier. He has been at the Animal Care & Control Center in NYC since 1/11/07.

What an amazing dog! He was very quiet in his cage and walked well outside. He listens well and sits on command. I have to say that he is very playful and slick. He wanted so much to play and tug on the leash. When he started to tug I would tell him "No" and to "sit." He did, but then when I turned my back to walk, he would make a grab for the rope. We repeated this for the entire day. He's hilarious. He finally got the best of me, though and pulled and pulled. I dropped the rope and he stopped playing with it. I grabbed it again and he was okay. The great thing is that he listened.

Maximus deserves a loving and caring home. And to be with someone who likes to play.

If you are interested in adding Maximus to your loving family visit the Animal Care & Control Center website or call 212.788.4000 and give them his special A#.

To read about Maximus from Max of "Max, The Shelter Dog" read his blog at Chatty Pet

No comments: