Saturday, January 13, 2007

Loca - A691925 - American Staffordshire Terrier







Update 1/25/07 - Rest in Peace

Update 1/24/07 - Loca is still available. She is healing nicely and needs a safe and loving home. Great Dog. Please go see her :)

Loca is a 2 year old American Staffordshire Terrier. She has been at the Animal Care & Control Center since 1/9/06.

When I first passed Loca's cage she scared me, I have to admit. She was very unruly. She would jump about 2 feet off the ground and bark. She is also scarred from flees. She had just come up from the sick ward. They took care of her wounds from the flees.

I passed her by, but as I was about to leave I passed her cage again. She jumped and barked. I asked the staff, "Is she aggressive?" He said, "No, not at all. She just wants your attention to take her out." I said okay and I decided to take the plunge and find out for myself.

I am so happy I did. The minute she got out the cage she walked right beside me. She didn't even run to get out like most dogs do. She walked beautifully on the leash, although she did walk in front of me and pull a little but not too much. When we sat down, she licked and cuddled, and licked and nestled up to us and loved us. She calmed down and was so different than she was in the cage. I wish I could take her home. I was so sad to leave her there. When we put her back she whined and looked at us like, "Where are you going? I thought you were going to take me home?"

I didn't look back, I couldn't.... But I am grateful that at least I spent some time with her and gave her some fresh air and much needed affection and exercise. She's amazing. If you are looking for an affection, loving dog..Loca is your gal.

If you are interested in adding Loca to your loving family visit the Animal Care & Control Center website or call 212.788.4000 and give them her special A#.

No comments: