Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mayla - A576155 - Labrador Pit Mix








Mayla is a 3 year old Labrador and Pit Mix. She has been at the Animal Care & Control Center in NYC since 5/11/07.

Mayla is such a beautiful dog. When I first met Mayla she was growling at me in her cage with tail between her legs. She even managed to show a few teeth, so I pulled a Cesar. I put my back to the cage and let her sniff me. She stood up and sniffed, still shaking. Then I turned around and she rubbed her body against the cage for me to touch her. She then put her head against the bars, I put my hands through and massaged her, and kissed her forehead.

It's such a shame what these dogs go through. She came from a well-balanced home, was obviously well taken care of and in great health. But her owners had to give her up because their landlord did not want the dog in the building anymore. Now because of this, who knows what will happen to her. Such a fine dog....

Mayla obviously gets along with other dogs. She was flirting with Brooklyn below. She did the play bow and then laid down, patiently waiting for him to come closer. It was amazing to watch. Us ladies can learn a thing or two from Mayla :) Unfortunately, we couldn't let them get too close. Those are the rules at the shelter.

If you are interested in adding Mayla to your loving family visit the Animal Care & Control Center website or call 212.788.4000 and give them her special A#.

No comments: